Monarch 2014 Hand Luggage Allowance Guide
Monarch have a decent cabin baggage allowance and let you take a fair amount onto the plane as hand luggage for free which is useful for saving money on baggage fees and not wasting time at the airport once you arrive.
Monarch is the UK’s longest-established, privately owned travel group. The company includes a scheduled airline, in-house tour operator and an award-winning engineering division. Flying from 5 UK bases, London Gatwick, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds-Bradford and Luton where it is headquartered; the airline offers 7million sector seats to leisure destinations. The tour operating division offers package holidays across the airlines scheduled network focussing on beach and city breaks.
We cover the Monarch hand luggage allowance, recommended cabin bags and how to travel light so read on…
Monarch Airlines Cabin Baggage Allowance
- Your cabin bag can be no bigger than 56cm x 40cm x 25cm (the Monarch cabin baggage size limit) which is relatively large.
- You must follow the usual liquid rules and not take bottles over 100ml in your hand luggage.
- You are also allowed a duty free bag from the airport.
IMPORTANT NOTE – If you flying from Luton you are only allowed one piece of hand baggage through security, so you can only have to have only one piece of cabin baggage anyway.
TIP Remember to pre-book your airport parking to save money and time on the day of your flight. This respected company compare the options for you and make it easy.
If you choose to have two pieces of cabin baggage (not Luton)
The two bags have to be a combined size of 56 x 40 x 25cm and the combined weight limit is quite small at only 10kg.
Recommended Cabin Bags for Monarch Flights
I am really pleased with my Cabin Max Frankfurt Messenger and Laptop Carry On Bag. It has several pockets – including a dedicated laptop section and is a very versatile and lightweight bag (less than 1kg). This means it does not eat up your 10kg weight limit on Monarch Airlines as well and it fits comfortably into the Monarch maximum hand luggage allowance. It is also inexpensive and highly rated on Amazon. See my more detailed review of this bag.
Taking the right cabin bag can save you money on baggage fees.
Before You Fly
- Check the Monarch Baggage Rules on the official site before you fly as sometimes airlines throw a curveball into the mix and change rules unexpectedly!
- Make sure you have a good cabin bag. I recommend the Cabin Max Frankfurt but you may want to check out my other recommendations here.
- Share this site with anyone flying with Monarch to make sure they are ready to avoid breaking any rules and having to pay a fine. Plus, it helps me out massively and costs nada.
Please leave any comments or queries about your recent Monarch flights or your recommended equipment/bag/packing method and I will personally respond. Buenos dias!
Thinking of Booking a Monarch flight?
If you`re yet to book your Monarch flight then you can do so below.
Monarch Flights – Monarch have some great offers and fly to a wide range of destinations from 5 UK bases – London Gatwick, London Luton, Manchester, Birmingham and Leeds-Bradford.