Aer Lingus Economy Class Cabin Baggage Rules
The Aer Lingus cabin baggage allowance is reasonably good with one cabin bag with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 24cm allowed and a 10 kg weight limit for bags. While flights within Europe have no free checked baggage either but transatlantic flights do as do higher fares so it pays to maximise the free cabin bag allowance.
Please note – Aer Lingus Regional has different rules – scroll down for them.
This weight and size limit is enforced and fines will have to be paid if it is broken so it pays to prepare and take the right cabin bag and to travel light.
You are allowed as part of your Aer Lingus hand luggage:
- One piece of cabin baggage PLUS one small handbag/satchel of up to 25cm by 33cm by 20cm OR a duty free bag
- Maximum cabin bag dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 24cm (21.5″ x 15.5″ x 9.5″) less than other rivals like easyJet.
- There is a weight limit of 10 kilograms for cabin bags for economy class Aer Lingus hand baggage.
Make sure you get some portable luggage scales!
- Use the scales to avoid a fine!
- Aer Lingus hand luggage – Source Aer Lingus
Recommended Aer Lingus Cabin Baggage
I`m really pleased with my Cabin Max Frankfurt Messenger and Laptop Carry On Bag. It has several pockets – including a dedicated laptop section and is a very versatile and lightweight bag (less than 1kg). It does the job very well, is inexpensive and available from Amazon.
Cabin Max Frankfurt Messenger and La…
Aer Lingus Regional Flights Cabin Bag Rules
- Maximum dimensions of 48cm x 33cm x 20cm (18.5″ x 13″ x 7.5″)
- There is a weight limit of 7kgs for hand baggage for Aer Lingus Regional flights.
Hand Luggage Restrictions for all Airlines – check these so you don`t go packing a prohibited item and it also suggests how to get the better of liquids restrictions for hand luggage and more which you may find very useful and helpful for packing your hand luggage.
Before you fly check Aer Lingus for official baggage information – though our hand baggage allowances are normally very accurate as they are regularly checked but airlines love springing a surprise and changing the rules all the time to keep me on my toes. Make sure you have suitable cabin bags that meet all the size and weight dimensions and you`re in business!
Therefore, it is best to double check before you pack for your next flight through the link above.
Have a great flight with Aer Lingus!